How to wear cotton face masks safely
It is important to remember to practise safe hands hygiene when using face masks. Here are the must-do's on how to wear a cloth face mask safely.
- Wash your hands before using the mask.
- Adjust your mask to fit but adjusting earloops and nose clip.
- Place the mask over mouth nose and chin.
- Avoid touching the face mask outer shell.
- Before removing face mask, wash hands if possible or use hand sanitiser.
- Remove the mask by the earloops first and pull it away from your face.
- Store your mask in a clean plastic resealable bag.
Wash your reusable mask in hot water after every 5-7 days. And with our face mask, you will also need to change the PM2.5 filter weekly.
Below infographics was published on WHO's website.